Black Lives Matter. Still

5 Likes

Fucking snowflake “feared for his safety” against 11 year old children? No, let me correct the narrative: 74 year old racist bastard batters children for daring to have fun on a duplex driveway. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Work Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

11 Likes

not an “officer involved” shooting. still. too many guns.

Lewis was remembered as an entrepreneur and activist who was heavily involved with Africatown Community Land Trust, an organization focused on preserving Seattle’s Black community

3 Likes

Every paragraph gets worse. But at least he wasn’t shot for doing his job, so there’s that.

9 Likes

wild that one of the officers actually said that at court to “prove” they’d done the right thing

Phillips claimed during the civil proceedings that he didn’t recognize Hicks’ vehicle when he pulled him over the second time. Ferreyra justified his actions by noting that “No shots were fired” during Hick’s detainment.

3 Likes

It says a lot about their mindset, right? When shots are fired, this is the outcome far too often:

5 Likes

Just had this study quoted at me. Anybody catch the very important qualifier?

People who don’t understand science should probably not presume to i terpret it.

There is this, too

Racist gonna racist.

3 Likes

Ah - Crazy Guggenheim?

7 Likes
9 Likes

You have to be a special kind of stupid to crime in the secure side of an airport. Local cops. TSA. Air Marshals. Customs officers. FBI.

9 Likes

King Charles III […] signaled support for research into the British monarchy’s ties to slavery.

11 Likes

At the Bradley International Airport Saturday evening, D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches ran out of bread. The employee who was working at the time of the shortage, a Black woman, told Barnett all she could do for him at that point was offer him a wrap instead, the report says. Rather than accept the circumstances, police say Barnett began cursing, making threats and throwing racial slurs at the employee.

Seems likely that the Big Mac the cops stopped to buy for him on the way to jail had bread.

8 Likes

Helpful to keep this discussion on class, gentrification, and the city government under Black leadership in mind:

Another article in that series…

9 Likes

More on this story…

11 Likes

The Colfax massacre happened on Easter morning 150 years ago. Finally the state of Louisiana is beginning to describe it honestly for the first time.

A new memorial was placed yesterday. No matter how late it is in coming, it’s an important step

This was the official state marker for 71 years (put up in 1950):

5 Likes

More national and international news…

3 Likes

Damn, at least two kinds of wrong (2 white men first, and “men” versus “negroes”). Ugh.

And “carpetbag misrule”? That would be funny if it weren’t so scurrilous.

10 Likes

Ewwwwwww.
No doubt you were way more diplomatic than I could ever be.
I might’ve puked on her/his/their shoes.

Hmmm, holding my arm up to my screen here, I’m somewhere on that middle row but more yellowish.

Obligs:

11 Likes

:eyes: Oh, no! I’m a radical militant…guess I’ll be completely militant with fanatical leanings by the end of the summer. :wink:
:fist:t4:

11 Likes