Black Lives Matter. Still

Speaking from experience, that family now has to weigh doing the right thing against everything the local police will do to them in future if they do.

10 Likes

Things that white middle-class Dems might consider doing instead of fundraising for yet another stupid fucking balloon:

4 Likes

I’m just getting word from my representatives that the NFL league office reached out to them about a workout in Atlanta on Saturday. I’ve been in shape and ready for this for 3 years, can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday.

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) November 13, 2019
8 Likes

That is the best news I’ve heard all day. Finally, he’s going to get to play professionally? That man has the patience of a saint.

7 Likes

How to do “ally” properly:

7 Likes

Does this belong here?

1 Like
8 Likes
8 Likes

If you’re Black, you were born in jail, in the North as well as the South. Stop talking about the South. Long as you south of the Canadian border, you’re south.

— Malcolm X

10 Likes

So you know, it is possible to volunteer to help this sort of work. I was one such volunteer to help uncover discriminatory rental practices in Chicago, because a friend’s girlfriend happened to mention at a party that they were looking for new faces (they need to change the testers often, for obvious reasons). There’s training involved, but it’s a relatively easy way to support these efforts.

9 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

I overheard a colleague telling another about Kap’s move of the workout, and completely missed the bit about the labor relations waiver. I interrupted to tell them about it, and he completely changed his tune. So, thank you for following this so closely and sharing it here.

One of the few legit uses of “Actually, …” :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thread:

8 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Just another day, right?

9 Likes

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/like-the-1800s-again-in-2019-amc-fires-3-employees-accused-of-racially-profiling-black-women-during-harriet/ar-BBX6rLr?ocid=ientp

9 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/like-the-1800s-again-in-2019-amc-fires-3-employees-accused-of-racially-profiling-black-women-during-harriet/ar-BBX6rLr?ocid=spartandhp

4 Likes

Wow. That is some seriously stupid and blind asshattery. During a movie about Harriet Tubman, no less. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes