Black student, harassed by teacher after refusing to stand for "Under God" flag pledge, wins $90,000 settlement

I don’t know which is worse: the fact that the teacher should have been fired and wasn’t, or the fact that there are states where this teacher couldn’t have been fired.

2 Likes

It’s both older and stupider than that

6 Likes

Mom was a little girl when “under God” was added. She asked, “What about The Separation of Church and State?”

Her teacher replied, “Oh, shut up, Gloria.”

13 Likes

My Mom tells a story of when she went to a catholic high school in the late 1950s in Palo Alto. She and a friend went to the movies on a Saturday afternoon. One of the schools nuns saw them and that the top button of my Moms shirt was undone. Six weeks detention everyday after school! When I asked why she put up with that (I was early teens when I first heard this story), she said, “Yea, I’m sure they would have called a special priest with holy water from the Vatican to deal with you.”

4 Likes

We’ve got plenty of white supremacist dickheads already, thanks :smiley:

3 Likes

Ah, but you see, you have to eliminate all the not-real-Americans, like Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, LGBTQ, most women, liberals and leftist (absolutely), most city dwellers, those with education, those with a soul. After that, what you are left with will most certainly agree with him. Almost certainly…

7 Likes

Linking Calvin and Hobbes comics is always a little dodgy, but let’s give it a try:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.