Bohren & der Club of Gore makes dark, gloomy jazz that I love to listen to while I draw and write

Originally published at: Bohren & der Club of Gore makes dark, gloomy jazz that I love to listen to while I draw and write | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Getting a nice “Bladerunner” vibe from this, the soundtrack is my go to for tuning out the Universe.

1 Like

Oh yes, that’s the good stuff.

2 Likes

Have you tried The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation? They have a very similar vibe.

3 Likes

Their Dolores album was a mainstay of my playlists when I was writing my hardboiled detective novel. Nice to listen to in a dark office lit only by a banker’s light on the corner of the desk.

2 Likes
1 Like

Nifty.

ambient + ill = illbient

This is fantastic, thank you.

I have a couple of their albums and I love them, but I also can’t deny it’s mostly variations on the same thing over and over. Lots of really slow two chord vamps in a minor key.

2 Likes
1 Like

Been a fan of these guys for years.
Nothing else like it.

1 Like

I lve Bohren, especially On Demon Wings. Povarovo are very similar, but with a more Russian vibe:

2 Likes

Nice! Reminds me of many a Sunday night, books open, listening to Hears of Space on NPR.

< Checking > Yep, still around (www.hos.com).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.