Boing Boing Gift Guide 2017

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/25/giftguide2017.html

Here’s this year’s complete Boing Boing Gift Guide: dozens of great ideas for stocking stuffers, brain-hammers, mind-expanders, terrible toys, badass books and more. Where available, we use Amazon Affiliate links to help keep the world’s greatest neurozine online.

3 Likes
I like having a garment that tells me what to do

“They look like us.”
“They were us until a rogue AI took control of their smart garments. Now they are mindless drones hunting the last of the free humans.”

5 Likes

This needs a jump in blog view, seriously. The post is like 3/4ths of the page.

5 Likes

While I realize there is no :banana:,
"Look at it, just look at it."™

1 Like

This gift guide is not bad at all, and really is a directory of mostly wonderful things. I enjoyed seeing what everyone recommended.

1 Like

I was right there until this:

the Intellivision really sucked.

And welp, BB had a gone run but it’s time to purify this heresy with Fire. All of it. No trace can remain.

1 Like

Yes, the Intellivision wasn’t nearly as popular as the Atari 2600, and didn’t have nearly as many games, but it was superior from a technical perspective. Those of us of a certain age remember George Plimpton supplementing his Paris Review career by promoting how the Intellivision had sports games that actually looked like the sport in question unlike the 2600.

2 Likes

Yeah, “superior from a technical perspective” didn’t make the Harley VROD fun either.

2 Likes

As I recall what made the Intellivision suck was the controllers which broke all the damn time.

2 Likes

I cannot wait until my boy is old enough to read Lizard Music. I stumbled upon it in fourth grade, and it honestly changed my life.

2 Likes

Good guide! (Tho, just sayin’ – Mark did the blurb on a Steely Dan? Something about that is either completely wrong…or completely right; -)

Always happy to see the BB empire grow, but imagine my surprise to see –

part of a network. you’ll likely see their stuff here too.

A food processor? Do people buy food processors for people for holidays? I’d have expected to see some Cognitive Surplus glassware on there… chemistry in the kitchen? Yes please.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.