Boing Boing's own Rob Beschizza interviewed on the Cool Tools podcast

ETA:

Cool.

Actually hearing Rob’s voice after all this time spent reading his posts was an odd experience; I’m not sure what I expected.

Also:

12 Likes

GG-suspicious-blanche

10 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

I beleive he is refferring to the way the txt.fyi logo is encoded base64 inline in the txt.fyi page source.

7 Likes

We use Evoluents in our office. The ones with actual cords.

Pros: neutral “handshake” wrist position. Lotsa buttons.

Cons: Left- and right-hand models not interchangeable, so if you are interested in splitting the work your hands do, you may have to buy two mice. I have a generic mouse from Dell with my work machine at one of my jobs that easily works with either hand, but is not great for lots of mousework (e.g., touching up artifacts on a raw image file).

2 Likes

been listening to MIA, have you?

1 Like

Never seen that before: Jesus Christ, what a tough watch …

1 Like

Is it just me that is sad @beschizza didn’t manage to get a Rickroll into the interview?

11 Likes

For what it’s worth, I got Rick-Rolled due to this interview. In the about section, try the ‘live’ link on the second line :wink:

https://txt.fyi/about/

3 Likes

WE ARE ZOGG

11 Likes

We should just permalink this instead of “Welcome to BoingBoing”…

8 Likes

I never did get around to posting the illuminati ring light I made.

9 Likes

Roll over, Rickrolling, it’s Zoggrolling now!

5 Likes

*lolz

Whatcha gonna do with that, Rob?

3 Likes

Needs more dank carpeting.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Keep his razors sharp of course

3 Likes

The saw showed up and I’ve tested it out on a bunch of different wood. It’s super sharp and does cut through wood quickly.

However, I have the same problem with the pull saw as I do with push saws - getting started cleanly is difficult. If you’re doing a crosscut it’s hard to get started without splintering that first corner.

I’m thinking of looking for something with a higher TPI and maybe a reinforced spine.

There are some excellent videos out there on using the saw; if you’ve watched them before, now that you’ve had some hands-on experience look again with special attention to how they start. I’m not an expert with the ryoba, but have found that (for any saw), scoring the wood with a utility knife can help keep the cut clean.

3 Likes