Book Discussion Thingie - Book The Second! - Initial Nomination Thread AKA BBBBSBC 2 - Non-Fiction Boogaloo

Yes, it was in the survey from before.

1 Like
1 Like

Can I just say: even if itā€™s not the perfect choice, Iā€™m really enjoying being in a book group with all of you, so letā€™s make a decision and get back in gear!

Also, anyone heard from @Raita?

2 Likes

Nope. Hope sheā€™s doing well.

2 Likes

One more - A history of white people by Nell Irvin Painter:

Are we going to vote on this?

Iā€™m willing to go with 1491.

Sure, greatā€¦whatever it takes to get started on book #2.

I second One Nation Under God and The Book on the Bookshelf.

1 Like

Finally the Count to 10,000 game produces something of merit:

1 Like

Yeah, come on folks party people guys yā€™all Constant Readersā€¦ get yā€™shit together and letā€™s vote!

@jerwin seems torn between 1177 BC and 1491, whereas Iā€™m seconding One Nation Under God and The Book on the Bookshelf. Rest of you guys gonna vote, or are jerwin and I gonna have to flip for it once he resolves his 2,668-year time-travel discrepancy?

2 Likes

Cool. You opening the voting thread for it? Donā€™t want to step on your toes here. :smile:

I atenā€™t much of a non-fiction type, but I have been meaning to read Capital in the Twenty-First Century, and One Nation Under God doesnā€™t sound objectionable. Does that help?

Okey doke. Iā€™ll do it. Good point anyway; Iā€™d kind of been assuming weā€™d be voting here, but that would be a bit messy. Gimme a minute and Iā€™ll post a vote thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 687 days. New replies are no longer allowed.