Book discussion thingie P3 - Reading "The Quarry"

#notallaudidrivers

(full disclosure, I do love me some A3s, quattros, and S4s. A bit nose-heavy for me, but always solid drives)

evidently wrapping embedded quotes in spoiler code does not work! I removed it.

1 Like

The S4 looks like a really fast toyota corolla.

The Quattro was pretty bad ass.

Heck the only German auto brand I don’t much appreciate – but I certainly respect-- is the “needlessly over engineered” Mercedes.

1 Like

I tell you again you should watch Ashes To Ashes

1 Like

Life On Mars is so good I have not been able to watch the finale. I either need to decide I am ready to let go or find someone I am enthusiastically watching the show with to want to share discussing the ending.

I think Life On Mars may be the best tv series I have seen. i won’t know until I see the finale. I love me some tv so it is a big thing.this is a relatively new show… It means I could enjoy tv again. Community was the last show I liked. I have no idea what is to come.

2 Likes

My book came in, and I’ll pick it up on either Monday or Tuesday, FYI!

2 Likes

Did we assign official reading music?

1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
  1. Are we discussing in this thread, or in a new one?

2. What’s the date for starting to discuss chapter 1? I finished it today and was curious.

2 Likes

I’d say just discuss it here.

I’m now yearning for a quiet cool and rainy day in a drafty cottage in the countryside.

Also, #teamHol > #teamPaul

2 Likes

I think it’s only fair that we wait for @Mindysan33 to get her copy before we start, since this is kind of her group.

Also, someone earlier suggested that we discuss each chapter in a new thread so it won’t become cluttered, and I kind of agree. This thread has already 150 posts and if we start discussing it without a clear schedule in the first post (otherwise it will become lost in the sea of posts), people will be all kinds of confused. Not to mention that not everyone even has their copies yet, so sorting all that out will just add to the confusion that has already taken place.

But that’s just my two cents. If people disagree, we can just discuss here. But I say we at the very least wait for Mindysan33 to get her copy at least and then set a date.

5 Likes

We can use the brief pause as a time to criticize each others choice of reading medium!

vi is the only way.

3 Likes

I should have seen this coming, but I went with Tarot.

2 Likes

Good old fashioned analogue dead trees are still the superior choice. Instant boot-time and outstanding battery life all packed into a pretty damned robust unit.

It’s not bad, but with Haruspicy, you also get a tasty snack.

4 Likes

I hate vi as an editor (no comment with regards to emacs) but I haven’t used it to read so I reserve my judgement there.

You and Nancy Reagan.

2 Likes

Uh-huh. And yet…

Kindlers like me were able to have the text in hand seconds after the selection poll finalized. I love a dead tree as much as the next Weyerhauser executive, but…!

3 Likes

I agree, too. Once we get the thumbs-up to officially begin from Mindy, how about somebody start a new thread entitled “Book Thingie - The Quarry - Discussion Chapter One” and people could, conceivably, start discussin’ right away, if they’ve finished the chapter. Conversely, we could begin that discussion upon the Chapter One deadline of February 12, which is only 3 days away, after all. (Okay, Smash, 2 days on your planet.)

2 Likes