Book discussion thingie part the second - making a list to make a smaller list

I don’t know if you’ve missed voting overall but the one book I checked (admittedly the most recently posted one) shows 10 hours left. *fingers crossed for you*

ETA: All the books I voted on have 10 hours left of voting. Hopefully you’ve got enough time. :slight_smile:

S’okay, we voted you off the island already.

5 Likes

I made a request to join, but I suspect time will run out.

3 Likes

Well, you’re relying on a Finn to approve you in the next 6 hours, and for you to be awake after she does. I wouldn’t hold your breath :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Summonsing @Raita and/or @Mindysan33

Just in case you are on bbs but not loomio.

1 Like

Aw, geez… nothing’s stopping you from reading with us! And in fact, the deadline is totally arbitrary and imaginary! Add your votes! They will count!

2 Likes

Hadn’t heard of it until you mentioned it. I’m not a P.T. Anderson fan, but this one I’ll watch. Looks like I’ll have to get down to the Arclight in Hollywood.

Yeah, a movie club would be most, most welcome.

1 Like

Mr Phoenix is an actor I struggle with at times, and PT Anderson is a filmmaker i admire more than enjoy (although I’ll never turn down some DDL scenery chewing) so I am on the fence, but it looks good from the trailers.

If we did that, I’d love to start with one of the Bobcat Goldthwait films:

Sorry. :frowning: Oh god I’m sorry I’m laughing but this situation, with the gifs included, seems just so humorous :smiley:

I just approved you. The voting closed 4 hours ago apparently, and I thought you can just add more time to proposals after they’re closed but apparently it’s not possible. @Mindysan33 also is an admin there btw, but I guess life gets in the way for both of us (mostly me, because I promised to admin) to take properly care of this club. :smiley:

I’m not sure what to do now. I should’ve added more time to the voting process (like 3 days at least? I thoiught 2 days was enough :frowning: ) in the first place, but… too late. So, what do people want to do? I can publish the outcomes of the proposals, or we can make new ones or… Maybe ew could just see the outcomes, and then Elusis (plus all others who never voted) can give in their two cents and we’ll make a decision based on that?

2 Likes

I vote for Police Academy 3.

2 Likes

Sorry @elusis, I was working most of yesterday!

I’m personally happy with whichever. It can’t hurt to vote again, but I’d be happy to go with whatever we all decide.

A more topical film would be Leonard Part 6.

1 Like

I figure we can use the results as they are now, let @Elusis throw in their votes, and weight accordingly. If anything looks like a tie by the numbers, we could use the commentary on the votes to help weight the outcome (some Agrees were notably more enthusiastic than others, even among books that got close to the same number of thumbs-up). It shouldn’t be hard to come to a decision without redoing the whole vote.

2 Likes

I respectfully beg that it not be Shakes The Clown. In four decades of moviegoing, that is the single, solitary movie I have ever walked out on. It had moments of brilliance, but way too much hurl.

God Bless America, however, I’d watch again with unalloyed delight.

2 Likes

I would be glad to go with whatever is already decided. :smiley:

5 Likes

Well, I “pubished” the results of the proposals (I’m not really sure how you see it on Loomio right now?).

The most agrees got The Quarry by Ian Banks. Ta-dah!

After that, the Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco and Spaceman Blues: A Love Story by Brian Francis Slattery got the second most positive responses.

If anyone has anything against reading The Quarry the first in this discussion group, speak now or forever hold your breath (no but really, I just wanna make sure everyone is alright with this choice)!

1 Like

Obviously, a mime sympathizer…

1 Like