Bootleg winemaking operation discovered at wastewater treatment plant

Capitalism run amok. Even the manufacturers of toilet-wine have gone corporate.

1 Like

All people I know that made wine at home either have a vineyard or buy grapes from a farmer. Sometimes they make wine with grapes that aren’t for making vine but to be eat, like the Isabella, or strawberry or fox grape. But in this case the result it’s normally “meh”

Even without added sugar you get an alchoolic beverace that has a different smell and tasted compared to regular wine. I personally don’t like it very much. But some people like it.

I’d say we move in different circles. Here in Ilinois, a place not known for vineyards, most home winemakers use juice.

2 Likes

Around here, in the middle of Lake Erie’s wine country, most home wine makers buy an already-squeezed juice from one of the local wineries. They carry juices from local grape, imported grapes, and local fruits. They’ll also correct the sugar level in order to ensure successful wine-making at home.

3 Likes

Good point. Waste treatment plants are indeed known to be quite hygienic.

1 Like

What even made it illegal wine? The time it had been aged so far? Bottle spec? Even for taste test evaluation of clean water? Bah!

Mmm, spider wine. Drunk spider venom merely causes you to go exercise with 6 babies strapped on and dislodge leg hairs into ant men.

4 Likes

she-ra-catra-shiny

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.