Illegal winery in a sewage plant

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/19/illegal-winery-in-a-sewage-plant.html

3 Likes

Somebody got angry at someone and told on them. Then the po-po claims a (bogus) Big Bust. I sort of feel sorry for the guy.

Sure was a dumb move doing it at work.

3 Likes

Reboing

6 Likes

I’m guessing the guy had a very lax position, so was filling time at work with this so he’d still have his free time at home. Bonus, chemistry tools from work so’s you don’t actually have to buy them for a home setup. But still, yes foolish for doing it there.

5 Likes

Keeping the world safe from… some wine.

“This is definitely one of the biggest operations we’ve seen in our county and possibly our state.”

Police photos show multiple fermenting vessels filled with what appears to be more than 100 gallons of white and red liquid.

5 Likes

Just for comparison, here is 20 gallons of beer sitting in my house!

9 Likes

I’ll say this once again…

30-rock-liz-no-thanks-please

5 Likes

Its actually pretty good!

3 Likes

It’s made too close to too many people’s poop.

Not your beer, the winery in the sewage plant.

7 Likes

Well, hats off to law enforcement, protecting us from all that wine. A hundred gallons, my goodness. That might have disrupted the boxed wine business in that town for a week. And thanks to the winemaker for selflessly distracting the police, perhaps Barney was too busy to shoot someone for a day or two.

In the background, Otis Campbell shakes his head, wondering how the world went so wrong…

2 Likes

Ah, so that’s where “sulfites” come from!

6 Likes

Tried it. Tasted like shit.

edit: someone had to say it

5 Likes

When I said I felt like getting really pissed…

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was figuring too. It’s not that uncommon for people at fire stations and monitoring facilities to have some sort of hobby going on. Unfortunately he chose one that is illegal, and that can’t be winked-at if someone complains.

1 Like

And to think that ‘bum wine’ usually refers to a specific…niche…of commercially produced ‘flavored fortified wines’.

This is much more authentic.

3 Likes

At least this is better than illegal sewage in a winery.

3 Likes

Do you bottle or keg it? I switched to Corny kegs about 10 years ago because bottling is a gigantic pain in the ass. However, with kegging, you cannot easily share it far and wide - you have to either get a tiny keg and take it with you, or invite people over.

Also - what kind of beer? All same, or all different?

3 Likes

I bottle. This year I did canning for the first time.

I brew all sorts. In the spring I make a large batch of hefeweizen. Right after that I make a Belgian which takes 3 months. In early summer I make an IPA, followed by a scotch Ale over 4th of July. In the fall I make a large batch of my Christmas stouts, and usually some kind of experimental beer made out of whatever leftover ingredients I have kicking around.

4 Likes

And the winery’s name: Dingleberry /s

6 Likes

Mmm, now yer talkin.

My neighbor had a dog with that name. Seemed cruel, but it usually at least got a smile from people.

1 Like