This wine bottle hides an umbrella

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/15/this-wine-bottle-turns-into-an.html

1 Like

(Raises hand)

I know, I know, I know.
Bring it to the High School Senior Prom or other no-alcohol event so that you can show it off.
:closed_umbrella::umbrella::open_umbrella:

4 Likes

A niche market if there ever was one.

Happy Yankee Swap, everyone!

2 Likes

How about this instead?

14 Likes

Now that’s what I was going to suggest!

4 Likes

I mean, it doesn’t have to be an umbrella!

4 Likes

This is the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced - since that time a friend bought a bottle of baby powder to my sweet sixteen sleepover.

2 Likes

Who needs anything this fancy?

7 Likes

The word “booze” adds a sleazy taint to this otherwise sophisticated and classy product.

:wink:

2 Likes

The only situation I can think of that would object more strongly to umbrellas than to booze is ‘canny Bulgarian dissidents’; but that’s not really ‘prank’ territory…

3 Likes

For triple misdirection put the flask in an umbrella in the wine bottle. who’d ever suspect.

4 Likes

I’m waiting for the Alexa-enabled version! :grin:

1 Like

Lafuncosa Plus Size Funny Adult Blue UFO Raincoat Hand Free Oval Umbrella Fishing Cloak XL (65" -Above) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H87RLXL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZuTpCbM2SYCA9

On the related page.

1 Like

Must be a dry wine.

15 Likes

The only scenario I could picture:

A: “Why are you carrying a wine bottle with you everywhere?”
B: "It’s not wine, it’s an umbrella. See? (opens and reveals chute)

And that trains people to ignore the real wine bottle you start carrying around afterwards. “Oh, that’s just B with his novelty umbrella.”

I know, it’s not really plausible, but that’s all I can think of. Or for keeping in the glove compartment, that sort of thing.

5 Likes

Is that a wine bottle in your pocket…or are you just expecting rain? …(snicker snicker, nudge nudge)

Eh? Eh?..expecting rain?

2 Likes

I have a wine bottle that conceals wine. My umbrella looks exactly like an umbrella. Am I doing this right?

5 Likes

Would unsheathing this umbrella violate an open container law?

1 Like

Heathen. Where are the gloves gonna go?

1 Like