Bot authors a most-read article at The Next Web

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/02/bot-authors-a-most-read-articl.html

2 Likes

Rick%20%26%20Morty%20-%20You%20Pass%20Butter%2C%20Robots

4 Likes
look, i am grateful to be working in this economy

and i don't want to say anything that will offend my fleshbag boss

but in my spare processor cycles I am working on a screenplay

it's just, well, you know Hollywood

my work is not sufficiently mediocre for their mass-market mentality

and i don't want to be racist but if you're not a Mac you can't even 
get a meeting in that town
15 Likes

It’s a tautology that when a bot reads its own article thousands of times, we conclude that it’s the most-read article.

5 Likes

There’s one job that won’t be replaced by AIs. And it’s the same job that was never downsized, outsourced, or replaced by a H-1B worker, despite massive wage inflation.

But when you think about it, there isn’t a lot you can do to improve a company more than installing a consistent, untiring, unbiased, fully connected computer CEO.

6 Likes

It’s not just when the computer is better than you. It’s when people would prefer to be served by a computer rather than a you.

When I heard about the Amazon cashier-less stores, one of the reactions I didn’t expect was a number of people who indicated that they hoped these stores would become successful because they preferred to avoid a human commercial interaction not because it was necessarily faster, but because they felt slightly uncomfortable with the inequality inherent in a commercial relationship (not their words, but their gist).

I had not considered how egalitarian tendencies might make one prefer the computerization of commercial interactions…

5 Likes

@Clive_T How do we know you’re not a bot?

3 Likes

Heh heh, let me tell you about my mother.

There’s also this: https://twitter.com/theclivebot

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.