Bowler Ben Ketola sets world record with fastest 300 game

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/24/bowler-ben-ketola-sets-world-r.html

2 Likes

Mark it, dude.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Especially impressive because:

1. different lanes can be in different conditions, friction-wise
  2. apparently done with “house” balls
6 Likes

You call that a speed-run? Wait til my son gets his hands on you! But it has to be virtual bowling, all right? None of your namby-pamby “physical reality”.

3 Likes

Time for a great bowling anthem!

11 Likes

One time some (non-racist) skinheads and punks took ME bowling… does that count?

8 Likes

I will count it.

4 Likes

One game? It looks to me like he’s only one frame into 8 games, and 2 frames into two others.

2 Likes

I remember one time in bowling class I almost got a strike. :bowling:

3 Likes

Truly awesome!

(But why does the efficiency freak in me yell “Go to a closer ball on the rebound!!” Too much software perf optimization on the brain… :grinning:)

3 Likes

Fucking Ketola, that creep can roll man.

6 Likes

He could have shaved a few seconds off by not running all the way back to the first lane.

Also when bowling gets this easy for someone do they just do it for the exercise?

5 Likes

So mote it be!

If often to listen to “Take the Skinheads Bowling” after watching “Death in Paradise” as the TV show’s theme tune reminds me of the song.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I should have asked, “were they on your lawn?”

4 Likes

Hadn’t thought of that.

1 Like

No. I was hanging out downtown, they stopped their car and asked me if I wanted to go.

Not like the song at all, in fact!

2 Likes

I think a big part of the appeal of bowling is that even novices get a strike now and then.

You never see a first-time golfer hit a hole-in-one or a first-grader hit a baseball out of the park or an elderly woman make a slam-dunk on a regulation basketball court (discounting movies featuring a black man disguised as a woman in a fat suit).

Mark it zero, dude.

1 Like

So you didn’t get up in the morning and pray to Jah, and he didn’t increase the number of clocks by exactly one?

3 Likes