Box full of bear cubs bewilders North Carolina man

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/06/box-full-of-bear-cubs-bewilder.html

3 Likes

Sad. Someone illegally killed the mom and left the cubs where they would have a chance.

14 Likes

Perhaps a result of Trump?

The rollback is being pushed by interior secretary Ryan Zinke, an avid hunter. It may mean hunters being allowed to resume the practice of using spotlights outside the dens of black bear sows and their cubs to make it easier to kill them, government documents showed.

7 Likes

Despicable.

7 Likes

That is sad, which is why I choose to imagine a teenage pregnant bear who is in over her head and chose to leave her newborn cubs with the kindly biped she has seen in the odd den in her backyard. Or option B, the ghost of Dan Haggerty is traveling the countryside gifting select people with bear cubs in order to teach us all how to be more wholesome and hirsute.

12 Likes

Yep, that’s what happened, killed the Mamma and left the cubs for orphans. WTF is wrong with people?

11 Likes

Foster care bear? It’s a strange world.

2 Likes

Typical of careless mother bears that realize they can’t take care of their cubs. Really this is more an criticism of the lack of support we put on young mother bears.

2 Likes

Narrated by Fred Willard:
“Having been raised by humans, those twin bears will grow up to build the world’s first bear city! Maybe don’t Google the phrase bear city, though…”

8 Likes

So this wasn’t just a delivery from Amazon Ursine.

4 Likes

Huh. If this happened to me, I might consider applying for a license to keep and raise them.

4 Likes

I grew up a deer hunter and I don’t do it anymore.

It is ridiculous that they are rolling back to this.

Anyone who calls himself a hunter and does this kind of thing is just an animal, Except that’s lowering the position of the actual animals. People who hunt like this are drunken hillbilly caricatures that night hunt illegally.

Ryan Zinke is not a hunter, he’s yet another amoral scumbag. If only someone would leave him crying in a box on a bears doorstep, maybe Ill call this bullshit fair.

7 Likes

I remember a kids’ book from my yout’, about hunters doing this illegally to deer. It’s called jacklighting; the sudden burst of light at a nightgoing animal stuns them and makes them easy pickins. It’s a cheat and shameful.

That and you aren’t supposed to hunt deer after sunset.

“Artor and his wife Ursula did not think of them as adoptive children. They were theirs, and always had been.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.