Brand new Atari 2600 game cartridge coming: 'Mr. Run and Jump'

Originally published at: Brand new Atari 2600 game cartridge coming: 'Mr. Run and Jump' | Boing Boing

I’m confused. Are they claiming that the game in the trailer can run on a 2600? Because I have my doubts.

ETA: Ah, I see now. Cool version for modern consoles, shit version for 2600. Definitely worth $60.

5 Likes

i also was confused. the inclusion of that video was a classic bait-and-switch. where’s the gameplay video of the game referred to in the headline? :thinking:

4 Likes

I think I found screen caps of the Atari 2600 game.

It looks ok, it could be some retro fun.

https://heavyhorsegames.com/mr-run-and-jump/

1 Like

Mr. Run and Jump

Wave Hello GIF

2 Likes

I still have my atari 2600 hooked up and play it occasionally. Even with the 60 dollar price tag, I’m a sucker for stuff like this. I’d buy that cart. (Bonus if it included the switch game as a download)

1 Like

Of course, this isn’t the Atari that released the 2600 and the ST etc. This is a company that owns the name Atari, and has been cashing in for the past decade or so, although it sounds like they might finally have given up on “Atari hotels

1 Like

Fwiw, this game isn’t being released or developed by Atari. It’s just being made for the Atari VCS hardware (or one version of it is).

Much like the recent Gameboy Color game produced to celebrate Grimace’s birthday (this is a real thing, I shit you not) was not made with Nintendo’s involvement at all.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.