Brawl on Delta flight leads to arrest

Originally published at: Brawl on Delta flight leads to arrest | Boing Boing

4 Likes

They used to use alcohol and sleeping pills for that. The alcohol seems to be making matters worse. So straight sleeping pills it is.

EtA I’m more a fan of suspended animation myself

10 Likes

Strange that the setback pocket would be the cause of the disturbance. However the armrest, now that’s worth fighting for!

9 Likes

We get it, people are angry. Maybe airlines could stop treating passengers like cattle to help ease the stress. Flying sucks.

13 Likes

If it’s good enough for interstellar travel, it’s good enough for coach!

10 Likes

Of course, the brawlers aren’t wearing masks either. Arseholes.

11 Likes

Yeah, he definitely picked a weird hill to die on.

1 Like

Flying is an invitation to be treated thus. Want it to stop? Be prepared to pay 2-3 times the current fare.

2 Likes

Um no, airlines and the service they provide do not have to be treated like private property, which owners squeeze for every shareholder-pleasing dollar they can by providing ever shittier services. It could be considered and treated like a publicly owned utility, including far better services, at lower prices.

Neoliberal capitalism is a recent development, not an inevitability.

28 Likes

Give the crew supplemental oxygen and only pressurize the cabin to 20,000 feet. Anyone not asleep will be pretty lethargic.

8 Likes

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

22 Likes

Perhaps if the seats were spaced far enough apart so that passengers weren’t sitting in each others’ laps they’d be less uncomfortable and thus less confrontational.

But that would cost money, so naaah.

6 Likes

Man, do we need to put air marshals on all the planes again?

2 Likes

1000%. We should designate all the airlines common carriers and send the corporate owners packing.

7 Likes

Gosh, I can’t wait to get on a plane later this month. /s

10 Likes

Yes, because less guns would be ridiculous.

9 Likes

My point was having the security who are able to detain/arrest passengers who are literally throwing punches on flights. Flight attendants shouldn’t be putting themselves in harms way.

Flying is often a pain in the ass/stressful, but we see people losing their shit multiple times a week.

3 Likes

Three to four times a day, if my math is right.

We should ban people if they start acting out. Put them on the federal no fly list with the rest of the terrorists. And as soon as they land, throw their mayonnaise asses in jail. Play big boy games, win big boy prizes.

12 Likes

Could it? I’ve seen multiple stories about how, over the long term, the airline industry as a whole never generates a profit (so presumably survives on government handouts).

In the USA, in the days of regulation, prices were kept artificially high, and the only way airlines could compete was on service. Since deregulation, they can compete on price, and they do. Which has led to the race to the bottom.

In short, I’m not convinced that, even if you remove profits from the equation, that air travel could be better and/or cheaper.

2 Likes

It could be better, but probably not cheaper? Unless it was subsidized.

1 Like