BREAKING: A quantity of those who labor in police departments are the same as those who ignite crucifixes

HUH!

Now they did what they told you.

3 Likes

That is nuts.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s more than twelve times as much as for white population. That’s just fucked up.
In my opinion USA has no right to any claims of “moral leadership of the world”(that someone mentioned in other thread recently) as long as things like this are happening.

3 Likes

Ehhhh… sounds like they were making fun of their trainer as being a hardass “Nazi” (probably at the trainer’s direction). Unless it’s proved they’re actual Nazi sympathizers, I’d chalk this up to stupidity.

9 Likes

Why do they get their faces blurred out for their anonymity? Doesn’t the public deserve to know who the Nazis are on the force?

12 Likes

They’re people who looked at a listing for a job well known for its multitude of opportunities to abuse powerless minorities and went “That sounds like the living for me!”

5 Likes

Break the nuggets, daddy

Yeah I knew someone was gonna call me on that. I just couldn’t think of another synonym for “crosses.”

9 Likes

I feel like it’s not too much to ask that anyone in the police or prison industries demonstrating clear Nazi sympathies or proudly displaying Nazi symbols be permanently barred from having a career in law enforcement ever again. Then again, I feel like Nazis in almost any context don’t deserve to work, vote or breathe, so I may be a tiny bit biased.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Bringing us full circle as RATM did a cover of this.

5 Likes

Or for something a little stronger:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe they just got too into The Watchmen on HBO and thought it might be a good idea to start up a local chapter of (SLIGHT SPOILER) Cyclops.

No but seriously, one of the reasons the show freaks me out so much is how close it is to the truth (like so much good science fiction).

1 Like

This should totally be a thing! Ragtime covers, enormous mustaches, two Victor-Victrolas and a megaphone!

4 Likes

Leftists occasionally do apply. But as @the_borderer mentioned departments are legally allowed to discriminate against smart people because “they might get bored”. In addition they foster a workplace environment rich in toxic masculinity that decent and compassionate people will generally find intolerable.

Also you’d be surrounded by graft, and people corruptly keeping each other out of the way of any consequences.

And if you don’t like being pressured into conforming to illegal arrest and ticketing quotas your boss will fucking get you declared mentally ill and have you committed against your will.

11 Likes

Oh no, you can’t say that! It’s so divisive, that’s the kind of language that’s driving this country apart! Why can’t you be civil. You’re such an extremist. That kind of talk will get trump elected again! I have no choice but to vote for trump because of terrorists like you and

reads own notes

The antifascists and their sinister agenda of

squints

The safety of people from being murdered by cops and white supremacists.

/sarc

6 Likes

I think in this particular case we can settle on “A Klan of Pigs” as the collective term.

7 Likes

A nice plausible narrative. But an obvious ducking of the @Ratel’s point. If I am not willing to to be part of such institutions, why should I expect those institutions to reflect my values?

Overall, this seems to be a way of providing a simplistic narrative (with a simplistic answer “just stop discriminating against liberals”) to a very difficult problem: namely jobs will always have a large quotient of self-selection, and that for jobs that require the ability to do violence, that self-selection will attract a large number of unsuitable candidates.

As @Ratel pointed out, this self-selection is made even stronger by the fact at least in my liberal neck of the wood, being a prison guard officer has perhaps the lowest job status possible, and quite a bit lower than unemployment. That makes me and my peers are part of the problem.

1 Like