BREAKING: A quantity of those who labor in police departments are the same as those who ignite crucifixes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/07/breaking-a-quantity-of-those.html

5 Likes

For those who don’t understand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PjrF-dDtj0

5 Likes

Pedantic correction to headline: the Klan is known for burning crosses. It’s not a crucifix unless it’s got a Jesus nailed to it.

29 Likes

They’re not “police” cadets. They are correctional officer (aka prison guards) trainees. No less disturbing, and perhaps more so if you happen to be Black. Black people make up 3% of West Virginia population, and 28% of it’s incarcerated people. That’s 3 times greater than the rate of incarceration for Black people nationally. Mass incarceration is the grandchild of slavery.

41 Likes

Shocked, not shocked .gif

Police wonder why so many people fucking hate them.
Stupid, utterly ignorant shit like this is just the botton of the barrel, reflective of the hateful and ignorant mentality shown by the bad ones- who police unions never seem to fire.

Im in a union- and even I think police unions are full of shit- because they constantly defend assholes like this

19 Likes

Well, they’ll have to, because liberals are too good to apply for those jobs.

1 Like

I’ve long wondered how they manage to get the best contracts and legal assistance. These guys are nearly impossible to fire and keep their pensions after all kinds of shady activity. Meanwhile, teachers get treated like crap.

9 Likes

The Proud Boys own the US “law enforcement”.

It is known.

6 Likes

If you wanted to list the total weight of these shitstains, that would be a quantity. Or their collective blood volume. If it’s discreet units of indiscretion we’re talking about, then yeah, its a number, not a quantity.

Appearantly a grouping of pigs is called a sounder,team, drift, or drove.

Crucifixed it for 'em :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yup. This is the state where an incarcerated white felon defeated Barak Obama for the Democratic nomination because “we ain’t never voting for no n*****!” My home state. Sigh. :pensive:

Btw, welcome to the community!

13 Likes

The PDs do a good job of that themselves. A lot of liberals find that they are turned down because they are “overqualified”. They are self-selecting for a far right force, and always have been.

10 Likes

Are you sure your numbers are correct? 28% incarceration rate of black people seems unbelievably high. It would be not 3 times, but 12 times the national rate. National rate of incarceration of black people is about 2.3% according to Wikipedia (still depressingly, ridiculously high).

I think it’s a play on ‘Killing in the Name’ by RATM

2 Likes

Does not exactly answer the question, but damn, look at that disparity! For an overwhelmingly white state, that is nuts.

8 Likes

That number does appear to be correct. But the OP didn’t say it was the incarceration rate. It’s the percentage of the prison population that is black.

13 Likes

Thank you, I’ve misunderstood @Bee_Four 's post. The actual incarceration rate is about 7.4 %, compared to 0.6% white incarceration rate.

Yes, it’s really like modern slavery.

6 Likes

(walks to podium)
(places stack of notes on podium)
(taps microphone)
The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.
(gathers notes)
(walks off stage)

15 Likes

Ah yes, by the popular quartet, “Indignation Contrary to the Device.”

7 Likes

Thom is ahead of you…