Brexit is deflating the London housing bubble, with prices down 15% in some neighbourhoods

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/12/sic-semper-foxtons.html

3 Likes

In the worst-hit parts of this paragraph, the grammar in this quote is down 50%.

2 Likes

So this means that Brexit was good for London?

7 Likes

arguegrammar

8 Likes

When Britain voted for Brexit I thought wow, how stupid can the Brits be? Then the U.S. voted for trump. When it comes to the STUPID they got nothing on the good ol’ US of A.

2 Likes

Ontario to US: Here, hold my crack baggie.

3 Likes

That was his brother. Dougie was all about the hashish.

2 Likes

Much as I would like house prices to drop to non-science-fictional levels, I won’t hold my breath, at least while Baby Boomers live. The home ownership cult is so deeply entrenched that this country would (will) see half the population in homeless shelters before it let people’s houses fall in value.

4 Likes

Moving back then?

Not a word on why this is attributable to Brexit. Sure it’s not because of toothpaste prices, or assault weapon bans, or immigration problems, or Donald Trump, or ‘the Jewish problem’, or Nicolas Cage tweets?

Housing prices in city centers can always be expected to rise linearly? Brexit applies to London, but not to Manchester? Seriously, wtf?

2 Likes

USA’s stupid could be over in a few years. UK’s stupid will take generations to recover from.

(So, ner.)

1 Like

QFT - London, if the impact studies are to be believed, will be one of the least impacted by Brexit.

That’s very… optimistic of you. Keep it up, you might need that optimism.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.