Britain stops making 1p and 2p coins, for now at least

Not even that. Everybody calls and it is a fairly boring game of “Who got dealt the best hand?” rather than of bluff and counter bluff.

1 Like

My god you lot are boring! In our house it’s all-in and damn paying the rent, why just last weekend I won 25c! :rofl:

2 Likes

No tuppence? This is really going to hit the birdseed retail industry hard.

5 Likes

I remember that some guy came to home to sell Cutco knives. One of the scripted ploys was to ask someone for a penny-- which would then be sliced oh so easily. Mom, being a thrifty sort, gave the poor guy a Canadian penny-- which doesn’t have the zinc content, and is much tougher to cut…

6 Likes

Too bad they got rid of the thrup’ny bit when they decimalised.

I see two coins on the ground: a quarter and a penny. I’ll pick the quarter up, and the penny only if it’s heads sides up for good luck. I’d probably then give them both to the next homeless person I see since I don’t even need quarters for parking any more.

1 Like

Technically illegal if it’s in Canada: Currency Act, RSC 1985, c C-52, s 11(1) http://canlii.ca/t/5390v#sec11subsec1 retrieved on 2019-08-08

1 Like

To be fair the Cutco scissors are tough, I’ve seen a guy do a spiral cut around a quarter and turn it into a corkscrew!

1 Like

8 Likes

Very punny (given the coin you used).

6 Likes

Just remember that it will be still be lillegal to re-use old pre-31st bank notes as toilet paper.

1 Like

Remember you can also sharpen them and sew them into the brim of your cap/hat for a DIY Oddjob effect.

Sadly a top hat is not very aerodynamic, the bowler really does work better. OTOH, toffs will of course have chaps with bowlers and big sticks to do their fighting for them.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.