Bugs Bunny's Official D&D Character Sheet Is A 15th-level Illusionist

Depends on where you are on the timeline on addition to which director was portraying him, but he did for the most part become a good character, in terms of the alignment system.

Chuck Jones outright said that he tried to portray Bugs as the good guy, with his hijinks being retaliatory towards villainous types trying to harm him.

There’s definitely exceptions, and the character Bugs evolved from, Happy Rabbit, was basically Daffy with fur. But as he stands now he’s (mostly) the good guy.

11 Likes

If I’d known “totally nuts” was a character class, I wouldn’t have wasted my teens playing druids and answering questions about what I wear under my robe.

6 Likes

Toon wouldn’t be released until the early 1984. One could probably argue as a direct result of these articles, but that’s just idle speculation on my part

3 Likes

Daffy Duck, AFAIK, is Chaotic Greedy.
“It’s mine! All mine!! I’m a happy miser! I’m comfortably well off!”

4 Likes

Ah, true. It does all blend together after a while – all these games sprang forth fully formed just last year and four decades ago all at the same time.

3 Likes

I saw the initials (LJS) on the Bugs and Daffy stats, so I asked TSR designer Lawrence Schick if he wrote those stats:

His reply: “Yes, I wrote Bugs and Daffy. The other authors were Tom Moldvay ™ and Dave Cook (DC). That date is just complete cartoon nonsense. Darokin, of course, was my “home” campaign location in the Known World.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.