Bugs Bunny's Official D&D Character Sheet Is A 15th-level Illusionist

Originally published at: Bugs Bunny's Official D&D Character Sheet Is A 15th-level Illusionist | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Dragon Magazine 48, not 41.

10 Likes

I think I still have this issue in storage. Good memories.

10 Likes

I think Bugs would be insulted by being referred to as chaotic “good”. Chaotic, yes. Good? Only when it serves chaos.

13 Likes

This is all pretty random

4 Likes

Note the publication date, though.

2 Likes

Totally, i get it. It made sense for the time but were people actually using cartoon characters in their sessions? Wild :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s D&D, baby! Anything’s possible with the right results table.

6 Likes

Man old Dragon was full of crazy fun stuff.

I used to love Dungeon as well - I preferred more off-kilter adventures and there were plenty in there for me to leverage for my players.

4 Likes

Well sure, but wouldn’t it make more sense to just use Toon?

6 Likes

Very curious how a bunny has such a powerful -4 Armor Class.

(Needed: a character sheet for Road Runner / Wile E. Coyote.)

2 Likes

Judging from the reading I’ve been doing of back issues for a few years now (in digital form), people at the time got a real kick out of seeing virtually any reference to pop culture characters in a campaign, from Daffy Duck to Conan the Barbarian to Greek gods to the X-Men. Still hoping an issue I haven’t read yet includes a character sheet for Mr. T.

4 Likes

They still often do, even if the players never know it’s there. Sometimes it’s really useful to take some media characters, file off the serial numbers, and dump them into your campaign. I’m still waiting for the opportunity to introduce my re-worked Beverly Hillbillies NPCs into a game, though. My players are unlikely to be more than remotely familiar with them, but it’ll amuse me to no end.

5 Likes

Very curious how a bunny has such a powerful -4 Armor Class.

He’s so shifty baby!
ScreenShot

6 Likes

Sure, his DEX is, and should be, extremely high. But, in the unlikely event you actually get a hit, you’re hitting bunny, which presumably provides very poor (virtually armorless) protection. The only exception being the rare situation when Bugs dons Cecil’s carapace:

5 Likes

Its also easy for an RPG to go from Beverly Hillbillies to The Hills Have Eyes.

6 Likes

I one time made a character sheet of The Shadow in Vampire the Masquerade. Probably OP, but if you take his Radio Show powers into consideration, he was fairly formidable.

2 Likes

“Radio Show powers” and vampires reminds me of the show Forever Knight with the vampire late night talk show host Nightcrawler. Probably the most Canadian thing on late night TV back in the 90’s

3 Likes

I remember that show! I liked it!

1 Like

Wile E would be very high in intelligence but low in wisdom, I’m thinking :thinking:

6 Likes