Bugs with the new BBS system

To be clear, Suggested Topics starts with topics where you have replied that have new replies, which are the topics people tend to care the most about. It also prioritizes any topics you personally started, and topics you are auto-tracking through extensive read time, even though you may not have replied to the topic. As a person who has read literally every post on BBS to date, and reads extensively on most Discourse forums, I find Suggested Topics essential. It is my primary form of navigation and a huge time saver versus bouncing back to the topic lists constantly.

I urge you to take a closer look at Suggested Topics before dismissing it.

Okay, Iā€™ll check it out.

ā€œUnreadā€ always links to target response -1.

I believe that is by design. Since it always brings you to the most recently read post (not just when you select the ā€œunreadā€ counter) it gives you context before showing you the new/unread posts. After a bit of using it, itā€™s hard for me to use forums that donā€™t show me the last post as context.

I havenā€™t been getting the number alerts on my notifications button over the last few days, and I noticed that one of my likes wasnā€™t even listed in the drop-down today. the alerts thing is just FYI since itā€™s not a big deal to just check the drop-down, but if Iā€™m not getting one notification at all, then what others have i missed, nawmean? iā€™m firefox latest.

oh, and the Suggested Topics list is an awesome feature, i use it all the time.

1 Like

Fair enough.

@ajarn is correct, it is by design to link you to the post before the last unread when re-entering a topicā€¦ for context. But I go back and forth on this myself. Not sure which behavior is ā€œbetterā€.

I like the latest updates.

@frauenfelder todayā€™s box factory post has no BBS support, Disqus comments.

Is it per design that if you edit your post (perhaps only if it is still the most recent post on a topic), that post is bumped to the top again?

Seemsā€¦odd.

Yes, a subtle feature, but that is by design. Posting in a topic bumps it on the Latest tab. And editing the last post does too, for symmetry.

Clickety click

not good, what web browser are you using?

Firefox 22

Oh @sam that is an ancient bug. Just click as fast as you can on replies. Been around since February 5th.

my apologies,didnā€™t see it in this thread and forgot to check the Meta Meta

For the love of all things holy, please fix the mobile version so I can cancel posts I didnā€™t mean to start. I canā€™t get rid of the stupid floating box over what Iā€™m trying to read.

Mobile is on our roadmap starting next month, fixed positioning in iOS is a nightmare once the virtual keyboard is open.

That said, I am able to get rid of the floating box on both chrome and safari mobile, which browser are you using?

IE 10 :slight_smile:

Iā€™m your 1 WP8 user.

You poor, poor bastard.

2 Likes