Bulldogs cleverly try to 'play dead' to avoid being scolded

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/13/bulldogs-cleverly-try-to-pla.html

9 Likes

i LOVE that she tricks them with the old, “who wants a snack?” ploy.

18 Likes

Bulldogs cleverly try to ‘play dead’ to avoid being scolded

I oft do this very thing, whence I been drinking to some excess, and my Dear Wife catches me.

@Franko : I directly wondered if she was related to my Dear Wife, that ploy has woke me from drunken stupor many a time.

18 Likes

I’m wondering if they aren’t playing dead but offering submissive bellies to the stern language.

23 Likes

Yup, they’re saying “sorry mum.”

10 Likes

Sophia is thinking “wait, I was told there’d be a snack. Is that snack off the table or . . . okay, guess I’m dead for a while longer.”

13 Likes

I find it slightly implausible that their understanding of mortality would be developed enough beyond “don’t get hurt” to be able to pull this off. Never had a had a dog tho (unfortunately), so I might be way off-base.

5 Likes

This isn’t a mortality issue. This is a social status issue. EDIT: in my teens I constantly conflated the two.

13 Likes

yeah. poor girl is so confused. she’s waiting patiently for the snack, and then she realizes, oh no – STILL in trouble!

6 Likes

obligatory

2 Likes

rs-149902-square

2 Likes

stare

1 Like

goat%20scumbag

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.