Hiding hot dog frustrates dogs playing whack-a-mole

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/16/hiding-hot-dog-frustrates-dogs-playing-whack-a-mole.html

People, don’t be mean to your dogs.
You don’t know what damage you may be doing.

Also, treat your kids right too.
All of us depend on it.

27 Likes

Great work teaching your dog to bite first and think later when it sees some vaguely fingerlike object! What could possibly go wrong.

16 Likes

It does not look at all like that dog is having fun. Poor guy.

14 Likes

Yeah… that’s not cool. Do it for a minute for fun, and then give them the treat, maybe. But don’t wind your dog up to the point it’s fucking attacking everything.

Wankers.

17 Likes

I suggest a new strategy. Let the shiba win.

16 Likes

That was saddening. You can teach dogs “tease” games, and they get the joke, but you only repeat it once or twice.

That poor dog enters bestial anger state, then has to respond dutifully to human reprimand. I noticed the dog clearly knows what follows the raised hand, which is sad.

I feel sad :frowning:

19 Likes

I’ve had dreams like this.

2 Likes

If playing Hide the Hotdog results in frustration for the players, you’re doing it wrong.

8 Likes

Not really thinking this is a wonderful thing. This went on far too long to be just a play session and was just mean. Poor Fizzgig (which is a great name for a Shiba, so I guess there’s that).

2 Likes

Right.
Game:

1. Frustrate the hell out of an animal.
  2. Scold or threaten the animal when it inevitably expresses its frustration.
10 Likes

Not disappointed in the responses here.

4 Likes

Just give the dog the hotdog already! This is cruel. He deserves a whole package of hotdogs after that mess.

6 Likes

Those are the tree politest dogs I’ve ever seen.

When the white one is like, “I figured it out, it’s under the table!” and then loses the thread because he’s missing an eye. :broken_heart:

3 Likes

My cat would’ve ripped the top off the box, killed the person inside, eaten the hot dog, and then gone after the guy with the camera. But then, my cat is a homicidal maniac, so …

4 Likes

“No. No snarls. Im’a screw with you until I decide I don’t want to anymore but you behave.”

Dogs cant see up close to begin with, its all feel or smell till a foot and half from their forehead before they can focus. Trying to look under their chin and following a scent then fucked out of time and time again…not cool.

1 Like

I didn’t stick around for the ending, but I’ll go ahead and assume that the three dogs turned on the guy and ripped out his throat. Much happier ending!

Unfortunately the Green party won enough seats for a minorty government.

edit oops off topic

Second non-wonderful animal thing Xeni posted today.

This comment summed it up.

Xeni seems to have lost sight of the true meaning of ‘cute’

1 Like