Burger King’s plant-based Whopper gets glowing review – from a meat lobbyist

3 Likes

Can’t wait to try it. Best quote: “This is not just another disgusting tofu burger that only a dedicated hippie could convince himself to eat.”

1 Like

DO IT!
Though maybe not Burger King. I had an impossible burger at local broiler (think steak and booze) place. I was quite happy with it. Not exactly like a burger patty in texture but damn close enough and tastes like a beef burger too.

4 Likes

Yeah, but can you get one for free?

1 Like

In a follow-up post, Bohl called the new wave of cowless burgers “a wake-up call”. “This is an intense challenge to our industry and we must continue to fight,” he added.

Continue to fight. How? Better (???) beef? No. Lower prices? No. Increase meat industry lobby $$$ to stymie plant-based makers or vendors somehow (ex: bar all use of “meat” etc in packaging, even if non-beefiness is fully explained on packaging?) Yes. Crank out some bogus Elders of Zion-type conspiracy letter to besmirch plant-based meat makers? Wait for it.

3 Likes

I plan on trying this puppy out tomorrow. (Our local Fatburger carries it.) I shall report back – hopefully, with good news.

UPDATE: Tried it today with everything (sans cheese). It sort of had non-taste of McDonalds burgers (as far as I can remember… been a great while), yet better than a typical veggie burger. I wonder if they served us their original recipe (old stock) burgers rather than the new improved recipe. The mouth-feel though was very, very convincing. Note, these ain’t inexpensive burgers; mine cost a little under 11 bucks.

3 Likes

Impossible Burgers are great. I get them from Fatburger every so often (with egg and bleu cheese, yum). The caveat is if they aren’t prepared correctly they will be pretty lousy; they should be juicy and meaty. If they are dry then they weren’t cooked properly.

(I actually like regular veggie burgers too - sometimes I’ll get one from a restaurant and one with bacon, much to the confusion of the server.)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.