Burger King's new cheeseburger is just 20 slices of American cheese, no meat

Cheesus Christ!

9 Likes

That’s why it’s semi-fond. It was impressive that the cheese was both chalky and greasy at once. It was objectively bad. But I have similarly semi-fond memories of scrapple, chitterlings, and creamed chipped beef over toast. Cheap garbage food that somehow tastes like nostalgia.

4 Likes

eeewwww nothing to add

Raclette melts well

2 Likes

Reminds me of when BK Japan had a “Windows 7 Whopper” that was 7 burger patties. And to a lesser extent BK Austria had a “Pride Whopper” whose bun was built of either two tops or two bottoms.

5 Likes

Once again, reality out-Onions the Onion…

cheese? constipation? laughs in IBS-D

1 Like

McDonald’s has had a cheese patty sandwich in India for years.

11 Likes

I remember government cheese blocks! My grandmother (on disability) gave hers to us when my dad was on strike. #1970sEconomy

Space Ghost Cheese GIF

4 Likes

Despite knowing all too well that this is an era of no idea being too preposterous to be an actual thing, this still feels like a prank or publicity stunt. If it’s a publicity stunt, it has already succeeded. I spent several years off-and-on trying to come up with an inside-out sandwich where the bun/bread is in the center, flanked on either side with components normally in the middle. Silly, but I thought something viable (that is, tasty and able to be eaten in the manner of a sandwich) might be achievable. I came close to success with a piece of garlic-buttered toasted sourdough slathered with sun-dried tomato pesto and in between two slabs of flat-grilled asadero cheese. Shoulda stuck with it. I like American cheese. I find it odd that American cheese, or any cheese for that matter, can annoy people.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Haloumi as bread, grilled onions, a tomato slice, then a bit of pita in the middle?

1 Like

Gubmint Cheese? I’ll be living in my van down by the river…

I’ve seen a few “fried cheese” cheeseburgers at various sit down restaurants. Typically a 1/2" thick round slice of mozzarella fried and used as a topping on your 1/2 lb burger. I’ve tried a few and some are better than others. Again there is that window where it is deliciously gooey and then cools into a greasy mess.

I’m not sure I’m down with the “spicy” part, but I’d totally try the Paneer.

3 Likes

The whole point of a sandwich though is that the bread keeps your hands clean. You’d need something else that serves that purpose as well. Maybe lettuce?

In’n’Out Burger has a “carb free” version of their burger on the secret menu which replaces the bun with lettuce. I’ve never tried it so I don’t know how well it works, but it’s food for thought*.

*rimshot.gif

2 Likes

Elevation Burger does that too. I tried In n Out while I was on the left coast this winter. It was good, but I don’t see what the fuss is about.

1 Like

Why not, I don’t know… Red Leicester? Tilsit? Caerphilly? Bel Paese? Red Windsor? Stilton? Gruyere? Emmental? Norwegian Jarlsberger? Liptauer? Lancashire? White Stilton? Danish Blue? Double Gloucester Cheshire? Dorset Blue Vinney? Brie, Roquefort, Pont-l’Évêque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre-de-L’Est, Boursin, Bresse-Bleu, Perle de Champagne, Camenbert? Gouda? Edam? Caithness? Smoked Austrian? Sage Darby? Wensleydale? Gorgonzola? Parmesan? Mozzarella? Pippo Crème? Danish Fynbo? Czechoslovakian Sheep’s Milk Cheese? Venezuelan Beaver Cheese? Cheddar? Ilchester? Or Limberger?

3 Likes

Yah, I like In’n’Out fine, but I think the hype is excessive. I lived in California for 25 years and I certainly enjoyed their food, but the lines are always so long that I had to be really craving it to put up with the hassle. Every strip mall that has one has their parking lot ruined by the line for the drive-through, and the insides are wall-to-wall bodies.

I agree, i do think In n Out is pretty good and i do crave it on occasion but it’s overrated for what it is. I do however appreciate how affordable it is and that the quality isn’t garbage like McD’s

1 Like