Burning hot Portuguese cover of Sade's "Sweetest Taboo"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/06/burning-hot-portuguese-cover-o.html

4 Likes

Not sure if scorching is correct but it is fun.

6 Likes

This reminds me of Brazil’s 2018 World Cup performance.

5 Likes

01ed7b83c5f99a2da5e95b142e7986ed47e4ba5a

4 Likes

Hmmm, I think the original has this cover beat by several laps, scorching wise and other wise.

Also, “Synthesized Brazilian Hits That Never Were (1984​-​94)”? What does “Never Were” mean?

8 Likes

I think in this context it means “Should have been. Because they are sooo great. Fantastic.” etc etc.

As to the song - yes, it is possible to do a cover of a Sade song that may be better than the original. But you must work harder on it than this. Much harder to even make “as good as”.

9 Likes

I think he must have meant the frayed cable on the Casiotone CT-501 they used to record this was sparking or something.

3 Likes

Seriously, this has to be the last album in the box at the flea market before closing time.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out the sarcasm here. A more scorching version than Sade herself? Played on some kind of Fisher Price synth? Has this guy even heard Sade? Has to be a piss-take.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this Ukrainian Italodisco here.

5 Likes

Very clever to have her perform in front of a room full of manikins!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.