Businesses losing big on globalization

That link to Gross World Product on Wikipedia shows that GWP has been stationary for the last decade. It, in fact, proves the point of the Post article.

1 Like

I find it odd that people think that returning manufacturing to developed countries will increase wages for workers, unless those workers are highly skilled technicians, machinists, or engineers. The manufacturing that comes back will be very much automated with minimal need for unskilled or low-skilled employees.

Dude, what are you smoking?

The table of values does not match that graph. If you look at the page for the graph it says the data goes from 1,000,000 BC to 2000 - and then is “augmented” with world factbook data that goes to 2011 (whatever the fuck that means). Since the graph remains exactly zero for a decade and dropped vertically to that level, it’s pretty safe to assume that’s just missing data.

Furthermore, there was that whole pesky business of the GFC that kinda kicked the world economy in the butt for the last 5 years, yet GWP has increased.

I reiterate my point that WaPo is not even worth being used to wipe your arse.

The problem is that the table is worthless, and it confused you and me. It mixes nominal and constant 1990 dollars and has incorrect values (like how 2005 should be more like 53,070). Go somewhere else to build evidence for your position.

I am somehow in error because you are unable to understand a graph. It didn’t confuse me. It’s only you that seems confused - and now you’re correcting their data?

Wikipedia is editable… why don’t you change it if you’re so sure you’re right? I mean, you’ve provided all those references and everything to back up your case.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.