Repeat from another post…

tom cruise wow GIF

7 Likes

Additional information, links:

5 Likes

California kicks Cruise to the curb

Let’s hope Texas does the same soon.

5 Likes

GM’s inability to play by the rules and fully disclose how unsafe the vehicles are.

These are high expectations for a corporation, especially one that feels entitled to use public streets as an alpha test site for their 1-tonne vehicles.

5 Likes

I remain convinced that fleets of self-driving EV cars will replace general car ownership

Could you imagine? Not having a car and taking some kind of… i don’t know… public transportation? That would be wild :thinking: Nah, that’s too scifi

13 Likes

I remain convinced self-driving cars will remain a shit show for a long time to come. It’s not ready for prime time technology until the logic systems are robust enough to make decisions on the fly and be creative… and that’s going to take a HUGE leap in ACTUAL AI, not just subroutines, algorithms and the vehicular version of LLM’s.

Meanwhile, we can all reduce traffic by demanding to work from home, and/or demanding better mass transit options.

7 Likes

Doubt It Season 8 GIF by The Office

7 Likes

The fact that California [government] is against it probably means that Texas [government] is now even more in favor of same, double-down.

I wish I were kidding.
Alas, this specific phenomenon is a regular occurrence here and a point of Texas Pride®.

Disclosure: I live in central Texas. I drive in Texas. I have been collecting data here for three decades. Texas simply must become less enchanted with its own Texas mythology before higher quality thinkin’ emanates from our governor’s mansion and state capital building.

10 Likes

Yeah. More likely to require the autonomous vehicles to be fitted with autonomous machine guns…

7 Likes

SELF-DRIVING public transportation.

Uh Oh Omg GIF by Bounce

4 Likes

Robot Destroy GIF by LaGuardia-Wagner Archives

4 Likes

only if it’s in a private tunnel that only I can use :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

James-Bond-Pipeline-Scene

5 Likes
3 Likes

this.

and sure, self driving cars might give us the parking spaces back, but it’s at the expense of having the streets themselves filled to the brim with 38 different auto taxis. ( which we already see with share riding )

there maybe is some space for taxis from public transport endpoints to people’s homes. but if you want safe, walkable neighborhoods with stores and restaurants and other businesses, filling them with cars - autonomous or not - doesn’t work

3 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.