Can anyone suggest a good accessible e-reader?

Can you use a piece of colored plastic film to reduce the amount of light coming off the screen? I have a few sheets I use when I’m working in a dark theatre to dim my laptop and tablet to acceptable levels. Bonus for you, the film reduces the tablet screen’s sensitivity.

1 Like

I copy whole folders, that I want to go through, from my computer to my current e-reader. I dont want to switch the format of every file, or be unable to find each file.

I went looking around…

Apparently the gestures I need to disable are core features and can’t be disabled in Android. Maybe in Windows 8? Maybe someone has a guide on how to build your own e-reader using the Rasberry Pi?

It may depend on the device and the version of Windows 8, but it isn’t possible in the Asus TransformerPad running Windows 8.1.

I guess I have to look for an accessible e-reader or accessible tablet… nope, not available.

I guess I can look under proprioception. Nope, a bunch of essays on how proprioception allows people to use these things, but nothing on how limited proprioception might not allow some of us to use the only e-readers still available.

P.S. Still looking… but apparently there are Android game tablets, and Android and iOS game adaptors, that have buttons. I wonder if these could be used as e-readers?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 624 days. New replies are no longer allowed.