Can you beat my score in Merriam Webster's 10-question vocabulary quiz?

:slight_smile:

14 Likes

Ultraseven.

6 Likes

So, how is it that we are all above average? :thinking:

I know we are a smart bunch, but I’m gonna call “vanity quiz” on this.

3 Likes

GIF by Giphy QA

3 Likes

We rank the same as seven spiders :frowning:

1 Like

star trek GIF by HULU

Can you get any more perfect? I doubt it…

7 Likes

The Merriam town of lake Webster, where all the children are above 8.

5 Likes

Star Trek Voyager GIF

5 Likes

That’s what my score was, too.

My BF distracted me and slowed me down a little.
tophat-wink

3 Likes

3860/4200.

3 Likes

OK, for a non-native speaker on the first try

14 Likes

You know, I was roommates with a linguist from Japan for about a year, when he was doing some studies at the University of Florida. It was the most educational roommate situation I’ve ever experienced.

6 Likes

That may be why it crashed on me. Firefox for Android has had a bug since last month (still works for the BBS, & I suspect it’s because I’m already/always logged in here)

2 Likes

Or, they have a computer submit the answers faster than a human can. Decades ago I was sad at first to see how low my (I had thought good) score on Alchemy was, on the leaderboard. But then I noticed that one of the people beating me was named (yes!) big_fat_cheater.

3 Likes

I’m starting to think the whole thing is a grad student’s psych experiment.

3 Likes

1 Like

How did you pull that off?

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 4.24.46 PM

Woohoo!

4 Likes

The maximum time bonus is accrued if you answer in under one second. I think that’s doable. I don’t have the reflexes. (and unfortunately I usually miss one,) Scrabble players who are also good at esports?

1 Like

Another word game:

My vocabulary is really short…

Wordle 204 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like