Can you fine folks help me out here

It’s not a huge deal… just wanted to look up the date (and probably add it to the description). I was more interested if anyone else was getting this same result from the search.

But anything you find, you can let me know, for sure!

2 Likes

I saw the same thing as Daneel reports - with the quotes, Google finds this thread first, the rest find nothing; without the quotes, Yahoo and DDG’s first hit is the headline with the racist slur.

Looking down Google’s links further I also see what looks like the identical URL to Rocky Mount Telegram, but with the caption “Local Merita bread plant workers strike - Rocky Mount …”

Before I saw funruly’s screenshot, I was thinking maybe it got originally posted with a racist page title by some asshole on the staff there, and then rapidly replaced with the correct title, so that the other search engines had stored the original title. However, funruly’s theory makes the most sense:

1 Like

I too saw the racial slur in search results, and tried to follow the link, to no avail.

But, digging into the Rocky Mount Telegram, I did find this amusing article:

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/National-Entertainment/2016/03/07/Fake-parking-tickets-in-Asheville-include-rickrolling-code.html

3 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 335 days. New replies are no longer allowed.