Can you rearrange these cards, sudoku style?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/08/can-you-rearrange-these-cards.html

1 Like

So, basically, a variation on Poker Patience

3 Likes

You’re supposed to start them with a 6x6 grid to work with.

3 Likes

No.

2 Likes

Despite a hesitancy to click a 15m video, that was quite interesting (so says I).

Spoiler:

A 2x2 grid doesn’t work (too small), but otherwise 6x6 is the only size grid that is not solvable. Every other size square grid is possible. You’ve been mathed!

1 Like

Your major diagonals are all diamonds and all spades. I think it is an easy fix but I don’t have cards in front of me.

3 Likes

I’ve never understood why folks find things like this to be difficult. I guess I’m just good at this sort of thing? Now, hand me one of those mystery puzzle boxes to open and I’ll be at it the rest of my life…

I am not going to try, because I learned my lesson the last time, when Boing Boing sucker-punched me with the promise of Infinite Chocolate:

3 Likes

I learned my lesson in the 80s when Air Supply conned me about making love out of nothing at all.

4 Likes

Usually I curse these posts, but I am pleased to say this one was actually easy for me. Then again, I play a lot of Sudoku when I need to chill out my brain.

1 Like

If you like this kinda thing, check out the card game “Set”. It’s super freaking fun for us pattern (and antipattern?) matching peoples.

2 Likes

I’ll need to check that out then. thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.