Friday fun: make a paradox card

[Permalink]

1 Like

Isn’t this more effective with a card that’s the same front and back? At least, using playing cards seems to give away the “trick” at a glance.

5 Likes

The look you are getting is the ‘why-did-you-just-ruin-an-entire-deck-of-cards-and-worse-to-do-so-while-still-completely-failing-to-understand-the-concept-and-meaning-of-the-word-paradox’. But I suppose that could be valuable on some level.

1 Like

Not the entire deck, just one card. The other 51 can still be used for a nice game of Solitai… oh.

10 Likes

You could play 'til dawn.

9 Likes

A slightly overly long video showing how to make them, for any that can’t figure it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odiNQCrsJy4

Slim Goodbody and the Cap

3 Likes

Wow. Captain Kangaroo. Been a long time since I thought of him.

I still think of him every day.

3 Likes

Paradox: n. 1. Anything confusing to a small child for a short period of time. 2. An object or effect that is cool. 3. A product in need of a marketing boost.

4 Likes

“This is something the guys from Bicycle posted onto their website.”

So yes, this is a guide from a company that makes playing cards on how to ruin a playing card. Better go buy some more!

Tell them you just need a three of spades.

3 Likes

Agreed - using a playing card ruins the paradox illusion.

Where’s the illusion even with a card printed the same on both sides? It’s just a couple cuts and some bends.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.