Canadian DNA lab sold paternity tests it knew were inaccurate

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/09/canadian-dna-lab-sold-paternity-tests-it-knew-were-inaccurate.html

10 Likes

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

15 Likes

I knew it was a scam when my results came back and they said I was related to Tim Horton - specifically, a Honey Cruller.

14 Likes

“Good morning, that is not a lovely Tenenbaum.”

3 Likes

Yiiiikes. Regardless of whether the tests were resulting in false positives or false negatives, it was going to have some disastrously negative impacts on the lives of real people. I don’t understand how anyone can enter into that kind of business, knowing what they’re doing.

10 Likes

I’m sure it created some great short-term shareholder value until they got found out though.

5 Likes

This is the kind of corporate crime that demands actual jail time for executives…

9 Likes

Their website is less than penitent, does not reflect these developments:

Note the typo on the second page.

1 Like

Does it feel weird to anyone else that you’d buy paternity testing, herbal mouse contraceptives, pardon services; and anti-greying supplements from the same vendor?

I know that single source procurement can simplify vendor relationships; but there’s a line between ‘comprehensive’ and ‘suspect’.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.