Canadian "Road Rage"

2 Likes

Nearly as bad as Portland drivers! Those people will… [takes deep breaths to face intense memories] chase you down to apologize for not visually communicating their intent to give you the right of way strongly enough when they let you pass.

It is a world red in toot and boop indeed.

1 Like

More ‘Street Greet’ than ‘Road Rage’.

2 Likes

I love a good Canadian fight, I really do.

5 Likes

Hint to BB to actually post one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think they just did?

1 Like

Oh god. The brutality. The off-the-chart levels of hostility. Oh, humanity.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the full video; I watched until the end and now I see the real “rage”. :rofl:

We don’t say sir?
…really?
Cuz I grew up saying sir in high school and I will say sir to strangers if I’m trying to get their attention.

6 Likes

Canadian police chase:

8 Likes

Sir
Origin
Middle English: reduced form of sire.

sire
ˈsī(ə)r/
noun
noun: sire; plural noun: sires

the male parent of an animal, especially a stallion or bull kept for breeding.
archaic
a respectful form of address for someone of high social status, especially a king.
    a father or other male forebear.

Not a military term. It’s a status thing.

2 Likes

Definitely not a military thing.

Here in the US, we call them hockey games.

3 Likes

Except in England, where the language is from, the lords led their soldiers into battle. They were the generals. They GOT their status by raising armies (and or taxes) from the land. So I don’t think you’re quite correct.

The Sire term is meant as a social status indicator, not all people of high social status were military by the way. But having served under a lord was a good way to jump into a higher status but those two are not mutually exclusive. Wealth is the main indicator i would presume, not military rank.

1 Like

3 Likes

I sure didn’t (in Roughrider territory).

Do you / Did you also say Madam or Ma’am?

Sometimes?
I dunno. Its not unusual to say either here in the big smoke. And I swear I heard it when I lived in Cowtown.

1 Like

Not to the extent of the yanks but hey maybe you live in Windsor or some other border dependent city.

3 Likes