Can't sleep reads will help you unwind with a classic short story

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/09/cant-sleep-reads-will-help-you-unwind-with-a-classic-short-story.html

1 Like

tumblr_m50gbdR1uK1qj3ir1|nullxnull

7 Likes

Okay, first, reading does help you fall asleep, but gluing yourself to a phone or tablet helps keep you awake. Read a paper book! That’s what actually helps!

Second, holy god, fuck that website. There’s a place for sites that feed you randomness, but not when you’re looking for a classic short story to read. Give me an index so I can find a story I haven’t read before. Also, during a few minutes of clicking, the site fed me only about ten stories, most of them repeats, most of them Poe.

It’s a shit website. Buy yourself a proper book of short stories and read those instead.

5 Likes

The Yellow Wallpaper still haunts me from freshman year in college. Psychological horror visual bruised into my brain.

5 Likes

Yeppers. It didn’t relax me a jot.

2 Likes

What helps me to sleep es reading in a non native language. By brain has to work too much, I think, and gets exhausted.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.