Capitol rioter Rosanne Boyland died from "acute amphetamine intoxication," not trampling, according to D.C. Medical Examiner's Office

Originally published at: Capitol rioter Rosanne Boyland died from "acute amphetamine intoxication," not trampling, according to D.C. Medical Examiner's Office | Boing Boing

5 Likes

#MethNazis

26 Likes

Wasn’t this supposed to be one of the good things that Trump did, work on getting help for people addicted to opioids?

Well, actually…

28 Likes

So far that’s the closest thing to a compelling excuse for being there.

20 Likes

I wonder what tests on the rest of the mob would have shown?

16 Likes

Meth, the answer to your query is Meth, it’s the go to drug for white nazi racist bigots qnuts everywhere.

BTW: Makes you wonder what Boebart & MTG are up to on a daily basis in DC???

25 Likes

Remember when Cheetolini gave those rambling speeches (what? Which one?!?) where he was sniffling all the time?

The baseless using rumor Mill was that he was crushing up his Adderall and snorting it. Which is, y’know, meth for rich folks. So you’re clearly on to something here.

20 Likes

Even worse than MethZombies.

7 Likes

Drug, Rorschach, or SAT?

8 Likes

A sub-genre’s sub genre.

4 Likes

I’ve seen this episode of Archer.

6 Likes

Remember Christopher “The Crying Nazi” Cantwell? Here is my favorite bit of his profile at the Southern Poverty Law Center

> Regarding his own personal weaknesses, Cantwell has admitted on his show and to Hatewatch that he has abused a host of drugs in myriad and unusual ways — everything from chocolate drenched hallucinogenic mushrooms to meth injected up his anus.

3 Likes

I remember the hype when that book came out (I read it too) and it reminded me that the fact that the Nazis were off their gourds on speed gets “discovered” every ten years or so. The nature and extent of Hitler’s drug and hormone treatments was well documented in that though. But why is it always presented as a surprise that Stuka pillen and Panzershocolade were a thing?

13 Likes

But that’s how history writing works, often… it’s about rediscovering facts that have been lost over time, due to whatever reason.

12 Likes

Yeah, but like every ten years? I hadn’t forgotten it from the first time I learnt about it, not the second time, nor the third. It stretches credulity to suggest it’s forgotten. Some elements of that book were quite novel, specifically the hormonal details and there is more to be discovered there, but the basic story of Nazis off their gourds is and should be known to pretty much any normally well read person.

3 Likes

I don’t know. I think there is knowing something, and then there is making a broader argument about what that fact means, though. It seems like book is building on some knowledge of the use of drugs in the Third Reich, to make a broader argument about how that shaped the Reich, especially towards the end.

3 Likes

Thing about that though is that book, iirc, in service of a drugs narrative didn’t deal with how drunk the Nazis were when they began the mass murder programmes which I have read elsewhere. Just an NYRB article but that referenced several other books.

1 Like

I know an opiate sniff when I hear one.

And let me tell you, I heard one…It is possible that it was a legitimately prescribed pain medication. But if you shouldn’t operate a car, I don’t think you should be allowed to operate a country…

5 Likes

Christopher Browning covers that in his book, too.

Still. It seems to me that putting that narrative together about drug use is still useful.

1 Like

An “opiate sniff”? I’ve never heard of that. Or experienced it. Is that a thing?