Captain Marvel's first trailer is here and it looks promising

“That’s no lady; that’s my Skrull.”

“Take my Skrull. Please.”

-Rodney Dangerfield in the MCU

3 Likes

Skrulls. Probably the Skrull / Kree war. Also could tie into Secret Invasion storyline that builds over the next arc of Marvel movies.

1 Like

Four years ago, I was working at a child advocacy center, and they wanted to do a superhero theme for the waiting room. Everyone was talking about how the women superheroes were all skimpily dressed, so the women were getting axed. I kept explaining Captain Marvel. That she’s beyond tremendously powerful and she’s fully dressed (most the time). They were having none of it.

I even showed up the next day with printouts, and still nothing.

I wonder if they’d change their minds now…

6 Likes

It would be fairly accurate to say they only made Captain America because Iron Man was successful, of course. But you’re right, nobody actually says it.

1 Like

Black Widow movie has a writer and a director. Only needs a release date.

2 Likes

So did Superman Lives.

It’s frankly kind of ridiculous that Marvel took this long to release even one film with a female lead, especially considering that Black Widow’s character was introduced way back in the third MCU movie over eight years ago.

7 Likes

Sweet Christmas!

1 Like

Blame Ike “girl toys don’t sell” Perlmutter for that, apparently.

1 Like

Is he the doofus who thought nobody would buy an action figure of Rey even though she was the main character in the movie?

4 Likes

What about the after-credits part?

3 Likes

Well, he’s head of Marvel Entertainment, so likely he didn’t have a say in that particular decision. But he was one of the top toy executives for a few decades. His attitude likely spread around.

The downfall of this movie will be Brie Larson.

She is such a ridiculously good actor that the folks around her often appear to be (sleep-?)walking through their parts.

There is a level where an actor’s skill elevates those around them, and beyond that there is talent (the Ellen Page Rule) that simply cannot be matched.

1 Like

What, you don’t think Samuel L and Jude Law can hang?

Also, I’m still mind blown by the thought of Nick Fury with two functioning eyes.

6 Likes

They’re both great, they’ve just never made it so clear to me that their costars can’t keep up.

Maybe they have better costars?

I guess we’ll find out.

1 Like

Oct 2014: Captain Marvel announces as part of MCU Phase 3.
Apr 2016: screenwriters for CM announced
Jul 2016: Larson announced as lead for CM
Apr 2017: directors hired for CM
May 2017: Wonder Woman opens in theatres.

But sure. Assume what you like.

3 Likes

Not a terribly good sign that I can’t be arsed to watch a trailer for a film to its end.

I am hopeful we will see many Flerken… or just Chewie. :slight_smile:

Loved her Envy Adams.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.