Carly Fiorina boasts: I sold the NSA its mass-surveillance servers

Really? You have a high opinion of the NSA. A bunch of morons saying, “Whelp, I guess we better go buy some servers now,” and calling HP seems pretty believable to me (even more likely they were told to call HP by a higher-up who was getting a direct or indirect kickback). I mean, the point of the computers is to find sexy pictures of love interests, right? Commercial computers will do the trick.

2 Likes

many federal agencies have their own police to enforce the law on their premises. The NSA is a huge agency,

2 Likes

So, she’s worked with the NSA and the CIA and supports warrantless surveillance. Doesn’t appear to be too troubled by torture. Guess we know who Dick Cheney’s endorsing.

2 Likes

I guess if Universities can have their own private armies, shadowy government organisations should be allowed to join in the fun.

As long as their jurisdiction is geographically limited, what’s the harm?

1 Like

And you can apply here! If you’re “unquestionable loyal to the United States” you can “enjoy a starting salary of $48,847”.

2 Likes

I thought everyone involved in the NSA snooping was silenced at risk of federal prosecution. You know, like librarians not allowed to say they got a FISA/NSA letter? Bragging that you sold the NSA the servers for the program seems like it could be a problem under that regime.

Very nice. You win one Internet today.

1 Like

She’s not saying anything verifiable, so deniability is her vaccine against prosecution.

It’s not just CEOs who fail upwards…

I remember a high school teacher warning us about the evils of Communism, and as an example, explained how Yugoslavia put surveillance cameras in public places. I mean, can you imagine?!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.