Cat food recall: Natural Balance pulled for 'deadly' side effects

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/07/cat-food-recall-natural-balan.html

1 Like

You know, I’m old enough to remember when product names like “natural balance” were indications that it wasn’t made by a multi-billion dollar corporation.
But then, as they say, “with a name like smuckers, it has to be good”

9 Likes

Another good reason to despise Dick Van Patten.

2 Likes

Oh fuck… the Natural Balance wants to kill human-introduced invasive species…

As a cat owner in North America… uhhh…

I can haz organophosphate nerve gas?

2 Likes

This explains Grandma’s symptoms!

2 Likes

Yeah, but what about dogs!?

5 Likes

Mod note: Removed a bunch of pedantic meta around what people choose to call their pets, as if it somehow had anything to do with the article or the possible anguish that would come from someone unintentionally poisoning their pet.

Additionally, I get that culturally pet ownership is not a universal thing, let alone tightly integrating them into your family, but some posts deriding pet owners here as if poisoning them is somehow fine for reasons is completely unacceptable here.

16 Likes

Too high maintenance.

:wink:

7 Likes

As someone whose comment was removed I want to say that I understand, will try harder in the future not to engage in off topic pedantry/fan flames for no good reason, and finally that I appreciate the work you and other mods do.

5 Likes

I thought the “skin dogs” one was pretty good

However, a name like that has never contained any useful information about the efficacy of a product. In fact, it’s usually a good indicator of nonsense. Still true today. “Natural” is basically a synonym for “pseudoscientific unfalsifiable claims” at this point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.