Catch-Up Thread

Wait, I thought that was “fellow.”

1 Like

BoiNG BoiNG, it’s a directory of (mostly) wonderful things; just look at it.

:wink:

6 Likes

Huh, weird. I did a search from boingboing on the normal store page and it didn’t get me any of that stuff.

EDIT:
AH! store.boingboing.net is NOT shop.boingboing.net. That’s not confusing at all, is it?

I thought it was from Ray Comfort’s anti evolution video.

I am not responsible for what that does to your youtube recommendations.

I always assumed it was a holdover inside joke. Care to play historian on banana related posts @doctorow? I assume not and I I were more industrious would start a game thread where we (narratively) guess the true origin story.

Also: Jill

1 Like

Is there really all that much to know aside from her existing? She’s even still on the front page, hammering away.

2 Likes

Sounds like there isn’t much you’d like to know about her, other than acknowledging her existence. Me? I’d like to know how she came about representing bOINGbOING (info which exists elsewhere, like the “I’m disappointed” that started this catch up thread).

• OP: “if someone new is missing some important bit of BBS culture it’s easy to find”
  • Me: “I think Jill is important to our culture and I’d like to gather that info here”
  • You: “She exists, that is all.”
  • Me: “I still want to know about her origin, creator, significance to the authors.”

Just saying.

2 Likes

teh googlez are your friend:

2 Likes

Good call. I was getting caught up in teh snark of feeling rebuffed.

1 Like

And that Pedantry Pendant, whats the story there? :wink:

Oh the irony. Well played.

There oughta be a style guide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.