Check out this battle rap between a teacher and his student

Originally published at: Check out this battle rap between a teacher and his student | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I have met Mark Grist. I saw him at a small university theatre in Canterbury as a treat for my friend Jay’s birthday a couple of years back.

The crowd was particularly Middle-class and wine swilling whereas Jay was more “beer and swearing” and very enthusiastic in his support of Mr Grist, with various eruptions of “Yeah, motherfucker!!” People did tend to scowl at him but, this being Britain nobody said a thing.

Once the show was over I went over to say Hi and then Jay came swaggering over and asked if Mark could sign his poetry CD for him. “Sure,” he said.
Jay, not having pockets in his outfit, pulled his new purchase from his pants with a flourish.
Mark sighed “…fuck me,” but he did sign it.

A few days later I met Mark again on my campus when he visited for a guest lecture and we had a quick chat and he asked how Jay was.

For a man who describes himself as “That bloke who’s famous for mocking a kid on YouTube,” he’s quite a nice, funny guy.

8 Likes

Gustav Balderdash?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.