Check out this next-level petty revenge against boat-hating neighbor

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/09/check-out-this-next-level-petty-revenge-against-boat-hating-neighbor.html

15 Likes

Only if it breaks or you walk into it.

28 Likes

Frauenfelder is too busty to proofread.

17 Likes

Generally not a fan of this overall, but this one is amazing! Fully approve :grinning:

14 Likes

I’m sure the neighbor thinks it’s a pain.

9 Likes

Perfect, no notes.

10 Likes

Boaty McBoatInYerFace

19 Likes

I admit I would have added some against-city-ordinance overgrown weeds to the painting. And a car on blocks. But I tend to take things too far.

8 Likes

I assume that he took a photo of the boat before the fence, and the artist painted from that.

There should be some kind of material, like vinyl, that an image could printed in strips and glued to fences. (Or slipcovers in case someone wants to rotate their fence images.)

5 Likes

I don’t really understand why someone would object to seeing a boat on a trailer. I used to live in Henley-on-Thames, which is a very boaty town, for obvious reasons.

When you walked around it was common to see boats of various types in people’s drives, or parked on the street. During busy times you would see them being slipped in or out of the river. It was interesting to watch.

I would have liked to have a boat myself, and I always vicariously enjoyed people enjoying their boats.

Anyway, I give a big thumbs up to the trompe l’oeuil boat portrait.

6 Likes

EI5HsXxUEAAbNyh

20 Likes

inspired.

6 Likes

Ah, Code Compliance- Where the most petty drama crap occurs. (I had to cut down the two dead orange trees in my front yard a couple years ago in late summer, because some one had complained to city’s code enforcement about it. They’ve never said a damn thing about the dead, yellow lawn, just the trees. My attempt to ask for a time extension to after halloween (where I would decorate them and then cut then down because it’d be cooler to do so) was denied. I did get an extension after filling up my ‘green waste’ bucket to the brim with cuttings from one of the trees, but still… )

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.