Cheesecake Factory tells landlords it won't be paying rent in April

Is who real ?

The guy in the video?

1 Like

That should include forgiveness for some component of the interest part of the mortgage as well, which probably means some bank subsidies. How many people who want a pause in rents also embrace such subsidies?

More difficult that another Great Depression/Recession?

I just mean technically difficult, in the sense of deciding fairness in a structurally asymmetric relationship.

1 Like

Oh, and those publicly traded “too big to fail” businesses? Guess where the ruling classes invest their wealth? It ain’t in @Mindysan33’s local record/comic shop.

4 Likes

Oh, I see! Sorry about that reply.

That was the big question over at mefi.

The music was added by a third-party.

The fools.

4 Likes

That makes more sense.

1 Like

I don’t trust that either. I’ve seen owners siphon company revenue while ignoring debts for years, then go through a Chapter 11 reorganization and come out on the other side still running the company, having screwed vendors, employees, the government (i.e. taxpayers), and everyone else.

6 Likes

Yeah - real bankruptcy where corporate death really happens and directors are struck off and/or personally bankrupt themselves might be salutory. Chapter 11 is just a legal excuse to avoid that outcome.

2 Likes

Fantastic. Whoever did this has a cast iron ‘essential travel’ reason as far as I am concerned.
More please. Much more.

1 Like

I believe our current White House occupant has mastered this particular strategy.

Also:

6 Likes

They do. An official two-month rent holiday along with a two-month mortgage holiday would solve a lot of problems (cue those worrying about the poor bankers). Really, the stock and equity markets should be closed, too and the economy should be “frozen” for the duration.

6 Likes

Pretty large “other costs” given that Cheesecake Factory has a … distinctive decor, so it’s not like some other business can just roll in and start using the space.

1 Like

That would make the Senators actions that sold off while downplaying this disaster even more despicable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.