Chelsea Manning is being held in prolonged solitary confinement, a form of torture

She never should have spent 1 day in jail.

This is insane. Manning did the work of 10000 soldiers by releasing that stuff, the world needed to hear it.

6 Likes

Is Manning being held in a male or female prison?

Seems like it should be the inmate’s choice to waive segregation if the intent is for their protection (and not for disciplinary reasons).

2 Likes

I agree 100% but that is what’s going on here.

Edit to add: I don’t think she’s being punished for refusing to testify. I think she’s being punished for the original offense. Obama commuted her sentence, which a good number of people in government disagreed with, so they found a different way to punish her. It’s deplorable.

10 Likes

Holy hand grenade, do NOT read the comments on the Facebook post for this. Yikes.

8 Likes

Jesus christ. Chelsea’s been through so much and now this? I don’t know how she’s still standing.

4 Likes

It also wasn’t a legally sufficient reason to burn a draft card. Yet here we are in the middle of the 21st century somehow.

3 Likes

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

3 Likes

So, what can we actually do? We know which prison she’s in, and she can take phone calls. Can she get letters or postcards? Who is handling her legal matters to get her released, and how can we contribute to that?

2 Likes

What is her reason for not wanting to comply with the subpoena? Is there anything that she could say about Assange that isn’t already known?

6 Likes

God Dammit.
Didn’t we already talk about her going through this same thing the first time she was incarcerated?

Didn’t we already talk about her breaking down from the extended solitary confinement during that first incarceration?

1 Like

“I will not comply with this, or any other grand jury. Imprisoning me for my refusal to answer questions only subjects me to additional punishment for my repeatedly-stated ethical objections to the grand jury system.”

I guess I didn’t realize that this is all about her moral objection to the grand jury system itself. I had assumed that it was that she didn’t want to snitch on Assange.

@garagehero

Hello, and goodbye.

12ee81174d036c8f5045488dca557639545872f3

4 Likes

Aww, can’t we keep him?

2 Likes

tumblr_inline_paha591Uny1vgsze8_540

2 Likes

“The cult of the omnipotent state has millions of followers in the united States. Americans of today view their government in the same way as Christians view their God; they worship and adore the state and they render their lives and fortunes to it. Statists believe that their lives – their very being – are a privilege that the state has given to them. They believe that everything they do is – and should be – dependent on the consent of the government.” ~ Jacob Hornberger

Yes, Trumpanzies are like that.

5 Likes

Says the guy who works for the state at the U of Texas. Couldn’t cut it as an entrepreneur?

6 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes