China bans sale of wild animals as novel Wuhan coronavirus deaths increase

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/27/novel-coronavirus-china-bans.html

2 Likes

China bans sale of wild animals as novel Wuhan coronavirus deaths increase

Better late, than never.

6 Likes

Horse, meet barn door.

10 Likes

Yeah, you wanna hard pass on the snake n fries lunch special, for a little while.

3 Likes

I wonder which wild animals they consider to be coronavirus vector agents. I hope they’re not just throwing everything against the wall and seeing what sticks.

1 Like

Two questions:

Can someone translate what’s written on the safety suit in the picture?

What is the current treatment for someone infected…just let it run its course, antivirals?

1 Like

It’s a name on the suit. Presumably the wearer’s.

3 Likes

Bats are the source, the snakes eat the bats, the snakes are the vehicle to the humans via snake meat consumption.

BTW: The virus is zoonotic, the virus originates in a animal, in this case, a cold blooded animal eats another cold blooded animal, then the human [warm blooded] eats the invected snake, bingo you got a pandemic…

You’re welcome.

6 Likes

I think it says, “help me”, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

If you can read this, you’re at risk too?

2 Likes

No, I use hand sanitizer, it gonna get me.

1 Like

Good, now keep it banned forever.

1 Like

breaking news

Horse meat?

1 Like

But bats are warm-blooded? Am I missing a vector in the pathway?

6 Likes

Bats are both warm blooded and cold blooded . Just not the same bats . And the bats that are cold blooded are not cold- blooded in the way that fish, reptiles, and amphibians are. … When we say that animals are warm blooded , we mean they maintain a narrow range of body temperature.

1 Like

Lol, no more lunches at Snake Shack

4 Likes

In happy animal news, Canadian man saves kittens with warm coffee

6 Likes

I had read that civet cats were a suspect.

1 Like

I know, I really miss the Snake Tacos, and the Cobra Burrito is to die for.

1 Like