CIA Director Gina Haspel heads to Turkey for Jamal Khashoggi investigation

Unless I’m forgetting any; or the records were just buried better, she did manage to maintain a “rendition first, torture and/or execution second” policy.

Maybe she’s part of that 100 billion arms deal?

It wouldn’t surprise me if El presidente didn’t think it through in these terms; but there’s also the fact that (relatively speaking) the FBI have the reputation of being disappointingly intolerant of the occasional innocent incident of ppatriotic excess.

They have their own history (eg… COINTELPRO); but had a habit of being the “what if we use interrogation techniques we have reason to believe work, rather than the ones that get Dick Cheney off?” spoilsports in a number of the various internal controversies of the ‘war on terror’.

They also have the sorts of forensic resources that an entity that does criminal investigations has; which have the risk of.leading them off message if some humorless stickler actually starts treating the operation as a homicide investigation and proceeding accordingly.

We are going to send all the BEST people. HUGE investigation, by the BEST people. GREAT people who know how to TORTURE. All the BEST torture. You can COUNT on it.

4 Likes

Maybe she can exchange torture techniques and stories whiles she’s there.

I assumed she was going to offer advice on new techniques to the Saudis, er, I mean random people who happened to be in the embassy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.